Intertextual Connections


Heroes & Others

Other than the enjoyable splendid weather in Melbourne that I have been thoroughly flirting with (in case of daring to wear less so that one may feel more of the breeze and coolness), I have also done the couch potato thing that I have not done in a while.

I have finally covered Heroes Ep 1 - 18, indeed waiting for Ep 19 is going to be an exciting one. Wanted to dive right in to Prison Break but it seems it's not playing on the dvd player. Guess Mr Miller would just have to wait, which is alright. I know of others who are carving his name to their chest and buying engagement rings. Nonetheless, I hear PB is more filled than Heroes but I really have to judge for myself.

Heroes. The different kind, they are special. But are they really? Do they want to be special? Some search for salvation through power. Some are searching for answers. Other want to learn how to control them. I see it as seeking for contentment. And we all go through different waves and lengths for it. Naturally, some get hurt and destroyed along the path. But we know that there is Hope out there.

Since PB isn't taking a spot, I thought a little blogging would be nice. I'll be catching Miss Saigon tonight and looking forward to it. It's probably the first musical this year for me and also any form of theatre act to begin with. This year has been real slow in that department. I'm also wondering how Jarum Halus is taking place and looking forward to seeing a few shadows and catching up on progress. Well, I can't think about the 'if' situations anymore, have to lay it to rest and support all I can in the work of JH. I am really excited for it too!

2 more days before I head home. It's been great over here. There had been a few disappoinitng pinches but all in all, I think this trip was really for me. Catching up with friends, having the great eats. Oh, I finally had Suzuran today. I really have to put up a pic of their sushi and sashimi. It's like the raw bomb!

The fate of Soh Hem Sem (a post later on that experience) also takes its second hair splashing wind when I return. I don't know how the viral has been seeding out and hope that we've picked up some better catches and volumes. I'm also busting my mind thinking of new approaches and strategies building the SHS & Wax series up which I believe has a strong percentage in taking up some market share. I need a homerun on this.

I also spent some time reading - Blue Ocean Strategy (a very interesting book), Bible (never fails to tug the heart), Think & Grow Rich (a book dad gave which I continue to read it over and over again, it's my first book from him). Taking this rest time to read and stretch the mind in other formats.

On a more financial reality, I have been visiting the bank rather often and speaking to a financial planner and also spending some time researching on what I would like to do with some of my funds here. I'm making the call tomorrow. Pray for wisdom in this area. I think ultimately this has been a responsibility waiting to take charge and I think the time is now. I have planted some seeds and it's time to anchor the uncertain ones for sure.

Life is picking up real fast I must say. 27 and it's April now. Whizz Whizz - next year beckons?

Who is the Hero then?

Labels:

0 Responses to “Heroes & Others”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.